Just because I’m new to this paleo thing doesn’t mean I’m not a fatty Latina at heart! Back home, I would always eat *insert type of meat* and rice…and beans….and maybe fried plantains if we were still hungry–you see where I’m going with this? Side dishes!
Now when you can’t turn to your carb
friends frenemies like rice or wonderbread, a paleo can turn to these delicious Mint & Garlic Zucchini. They are super delicious and pretty quick to make!
- 2 large zucchinis, cut into thick slices;
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil; preferably the lemon infused one if you have it
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of half a lemon;
- 8 leaves fresh mint, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Directions are thanks to Paleo Lifestyle!
- Add the zucchinis and oil to a frying pan placed over a medium-high heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until the zucchini is golden brown.
- Add the garlic, the lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste and cook for another 2 min.
- Add the fresh mint and cook for another minute or two. Serve while hot.